AGC of Ohio Education Foundation Scholarships
View the 2018-2019 AGC of Ohio Education Foundation Scholarships. Copies of the general application will also be sent to you for any co-ops or interns your company may know that are eligible.
General eligibility requirements are:
Intend to pursue a career in construction and enrolled in a construction-related degree program in Fall of 2018
An undergraduate in at least the second year of a 2-year or 4-year college or university in Fall 2018
Minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0)
MUST submit or mail a copy of college transcript or proof of cumulative GPA
Past AGC Scholarship Winners:
Bradley James Kelley, Ohio State University (2017)
Chuck Vickers, University of Akron (2016)
Alejandro Chock, Ohio State University (2015)
Joseph Parker, University of Akron (2014)
CEA and Carpenter Contractors Association Scholarship
The CEA and Carpenter Contractors Association of Cleveland Ohio Scholarship were established in July 2013 by the governing committees of these associations. This scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior participating in the ACE Mentor Program of Cleveland.
The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to a Cleveland-based college student pursuing a construction-related degree. Preferred applicants will attend an Ohio college or university and be a graduate of a high school located within the City of Cleveland who has attained a cumulative 2.5 grade-point average and is enrolled in a 2- 4- or 5-year degree program.
- Resident of Greater Cleveland
- Pursuing post-secondary education and:
- Accepted at or enrolled in a college or university in the State of Ohio
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree applicable to a career in the construction industry
- Have, at a minimum, a 2.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 grade scale
- Be a graduate of a high school located within the City of Cleveland, participating in the ACE Mentor Program of Cleveland
A selection committee will base its scholarship decisions on the completed application, evidence of a commitment to pursue educational studies pursuant to a degree in the construction industry, academic commitment, and financial need, as a tie-breaker.
The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and is currently $1,250. Awards must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for courses. Awards are paid to the educational institution for the selected individual(s).
Apply via College Now Greater Cleveland.
Past CEA Scholarship Winners
- Cesar Sandate, Kent State University (2017)
- Jordan Dean, Kent State University (2016)
- Shelby H. Roberts, Cleveland State University (2015)
- Matthew Brodsky, The Ohio State University (2015)
- Alexander Homan, Bowling Green State University
- Caitlin Giorgi, John Carroll University
- Pembroke Strickland, University of Dayton
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- AIA Diversity Advancement Scholarship
- Associated General Contractors of America Foundation Scholarship
- Civil Rights Transportation Symposium Scholarship
- Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
- CMAA Foundation Scholarship
- College Now Greater Cleveland Scholarship Database
- Construction Intern Awards
- Hogan Memorial Scholarship
- National Assocation of Women In Construction
- Ohio Minority Engineering Student Scholarship
- Robert P. Madison Scholarship
- SMPS Ron Garikes Student Scholarship
CEA also offers career-focused education programs such as the Work Now: Construction Initiative, Constructor for a Day job shadowing experience and construction joint-vocational curriculum development efforts with ACE Mentor Program, the Ohio Department of Education and Cleveland Metropolitan School District.