Construction Safety Council - August 13, 2019
6001 ROCKSIDE RD
INDEPENDENCE, OH 44131-2209
|I am Pre-Paid||$ 0.00|
|CSC Member||$ 25.00|
|Pre-Payment for 2019-2020||$ 250.00|
Topic: Underground Utility Protection
Presenter: William Seeley, Damage Prevention Specialist II and Co- Presenter Shaun Corrin both from Dominion Energy Ohio
William Garrison Seeley is the Former President of 1DP Consultants. William is currently a Damage Prevention Specialist with Dominion Energy Ohio and has been involved in damage prevention, excavation and training for over thirty years.
William’s first experience in DOT Regulations and Pipeline Safety began as a Facility Manager of a Storage and Distribution Center of propane gas systems in 1985.
As an Operating Engineer, working on several excavation projects in Northwest Indiana and Chicago, one of the most highly congested areas of underground infrastructure and excavations in the United States, William’s experience grew. William was promoted to a Superintendent, Project Superintendent, and General Superintendent. As a General Superintendent, William worked on several projects in 11 States with varying degrees of Dig Laws and One Call systems.
William became a consultant in 2007 for the Chicago Public Building Commission overseeing all Public Building Site Development including Demolition, Remediation, and Utility Coordination/Relocation for the City of Chicago.
While at NIPSCO (Northern Indiana Public Service Company) the Group merged with Columbia Gas, to form NiSource. William was the Leader of Damage Prevention and led in creating the analytics from over 7000 Damage Investigations to provide the processes for several programs including the Excavator Outreach Program where he delivered over 340 training sessions. In addition, he has been an active participant in the:
• Common Ground Alliance (CGA)
• Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT Report)
• Indiana Damage Prevention Central Chapter
• Chairman of the Indiana Damage Prevention Northern Chapter
• Greater Chicago Damage Prevention Council
• Indiana Pipeline Awareness Association
• Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC)
• Certified IURC Trainer for Excavator Safe Digging
• Eastern Ohio Damage Prevention Council
• Northern Ohio Damage Prevention Council
• Ohio Utility Coordinating Council
• PHMSA Pipeline OQ Certified.
• OSHA 10-40 Hour Certified
• Key Speaker Indiana Survey Association 2015
• Key Speaker Indiana Water Association 2017