AGC Lean Education Program: Unit 1-4 - May 22-23, 2018
950 KEYNOTE CIR
|CEA Member||$ 900.00|
|NAWIC Member||$ 950.00|
Everyone related to the construction process has incentive to get the project done faster and at a lower cost - from the project owners who want to see tangible results for their investment to the contractors and designers who want to do their job well and move on to the next project. Lean Construction is based on the holistic pursuit of continuous improvements aimed at minimizing costs and maximizing value on a construction project: planning, design, construction, activation, operations, maintenance, salvaging, and recycling.
To help contractors develop the knowledge needed to build lean, the Associated General Contractors of America developed the Lean Construction Education Program. Construction professionals at all experience levels, will learn the building blocks necessary to transform their projects and companies into a lean operating system.
Both class days will be held from 7:30am - 5:00pm.
Unit 1: Variation in Production Systems
- Define the different types of variation
- Explain the concept of throughput
- Distinguish the concepts of throughput and work in progress
- Describe the role of variation in production operations
- List sources of variation in construction settings
- Explain variation mitigation techniques
- Contrast variation mitigation techniques
Unit 2: Pull in Production
- Compare batch andqueue and continuous flow production systems
- Distinguish push systems from pull systems
- Describe the impact of pull on production systems
- Explain pull strategies in construction operations
Unit 3: Lean Workstructuring
- Apply the methods and tools utilized in pull planning
- Describe the concept of Lean Workstructuring
- Outline the desired products of Lean Workstructuring
- Describe thecharacteristics and application of the Last Planner® System
Unit 4: The Last Planner® System
- Apply the Last Planner®System on a project
- Hold make-ready and weekly work planning sessions
- Calculate, track and analyze percent plan complete for a project
AGC Lean Units 5-7 will be held June 12-14. Register here.
After completing the seven units of AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program, participants are eligible to take an exam to earn the CM-Lean designation. Learn more here.