Main Areas of Responsibility:
DLZ Corporation currently has an exciting Architect opening in Akron, OH.
- Perform architectural and design assignments of a complex nature, applying innovative architectural design concepts and advanced professional knowledge.
- Establish design direction, develop technical drawings and specifications, and direct overall project schedule and budget.
- Manage a wide variety of project type, scale and complexities.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct studies of new architectural methods, codes, processes, and materials. Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems and methods.
- Coordinate client contact and maintain working relationship at all levels throughout the project.
- Responsible for quality control over assigned projects.
- Assist in business development and proposal preparation.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, standard AIA contracts, correspondence, and project documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture
- Must be registered Architect in Ohio, or have the ability to obtain license within one year
- 3 - 15 years relevant work experience
- Judicial, Municipal, Educational, Transit, Aviation, and/or Federal Project experience is preferred
- Proficient in REVIT and strong AutoCAD skills required