Main Areas of Responsibility:
Assistant Safety Manager is responsible for assisting Safety Director to ensure that OCP’s health and safety programs meet or exceed OSHA, State and Federal requirements. Responsibilities also include motivating and educating employees and documenting safety inspections, review and recommend changes to safety programs, and maintaining safety equipment supply. This position will start in Columbus, OH but we are looking for candidates who will be willing to relocate to Cleveland, OH.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in creating and maintaining various safety and health policies, procedures and programs.
- Assist employees in the general safety matters.
- Ensure through frequent and regular inspections that programs are being maintained and adjusted per needs.
- Assist in inspecting, implementing and monitoring work site in compliance with OSHA, EPA, and or the Ohio Revise Code.
- Assist Safety Director with training on OCP safety and health programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Two-year degree in Occupational Safety and Health or similar is preferred or 3-5 years of experience in construction safety in lieu of degree with the following certifications:
- OSHA 500 or Safety Trained Supervisor in Construction (STSC) is required
- CPR First Aid trained
- Basic knowledge of Local, State and Federal laws
- Knowledgeable of CFR 1926 Standards
- Knowledgeable in using computer and Microsoft office
- Basic Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene