Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Cleveland, Ohio office of Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates (WJE) is seeking outstanding candidates with expertise in building enclosures to add to our team. As a team member, you’ll participate in forensic investigations and new construction consulting related to building enclosures. Your efforts will be supported by industry leaders and an engaged team.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Critical evaluation of building enclosure performance, including glazing systems, insulation and air barriers, cladding assemblies, roofing, and waterproofing systems
- An understanding of the principals of moisture storage, management, and transport within enclosure materials and assemblies
- Determining the appropriate use and selection of enclosure materials
- Developing building enclosure details and specifications
- Degree in architecture; architectural engineering; civil or structural engineering; building and construction technology; or related.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside the local area as workload and projects require
- Three or more years of exposure to work involving the building envelope; which may include design, construction, or consulting
- Sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building enclosures.