Main Areas of Responsibility:
Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn all aspects of bridge construction. Perform construction, maintenance and repair of roads and bridges which tasks may be required to be performed while climbing on
steel beams, girders, concrete arches, cat walks and other bridge structures or while working from scaffolding and personnel conveyance devices, such as a snooper, spider, man lift or similar equipment. Click here for more details.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
Erect scaffolding and set braces to support excavations. Direct and control traffic, erect traffic control signs. Repair, construct and erect guard rail and posts. Fell and remove trees and bushes in a safe manner, clean up debris, rubble and other waste material. Load, unload machinery, tools and materials. Assist the placement and removal of metal plates over openings in roads and bridges. Change and adjust snowplow blades, spinners, spreaders, and other attachments to vehicles used in snow removal.
- Sufficient education to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of this position , but prefer high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Prefer experience in construction and in climbing.
- Knowledge of safety practices .
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Within 180 days of hire, must possess and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License, with appropriate endorsements, issued by the State of Ohio.