Main Areas of Responsibility:
Will lead Employee & Labor Relations for the Sheriff's Department. The ELR function includes but is not limited to labor contract administration and greivance resolution, guiding/reviewing workplace investigations and disciplinary recommendations, and facilitating workplace accommodations. This manager will work closely with the Justice Center HR team (HR Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Generalists) that provides day-to-day HR support to the Sheriff's Department.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Develops and implements human capital strategies in collaboration with County agency leadership. Analyzes assigned County agency practices and designs HR programs to improve agency efficiency and practices. Advises agency leadership on HR matters.
- Participates in union-management contract negotiations, grievances, and arbitrations. Administers existing employee contracts, leads grievance hearings, and advises staff regarding the provisions of union contracts. Assists agency stakeholders on disciplinary issues and other employee actions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior or Development, Labor Relations, or a related field of study. An active HR certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years of experience providing human resources services, in a medium to large organization.
- Two (2) years of experience supervising at least one direct report.