Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Installs, maintains and repairs plumbing systems and medical gas systems.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to read/comprehend blueprints and use of testing devices. Knowledge of Microsoft software.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Inspects, repairs and performs maintenance on all types of plumbing systems to include heating, steam, gas lines and medical gas systems.
- Installs and maintains pipe assemblies, plumbing fixtures and fittings.
- Tests fire system valves, tamper switches, fire pumps and dry deluge fire systems.
- Repairs and maintains steam stations, pressure relief valves, heating/condensate return stations, back flow preventers and sewer/storm drains.
- Work may occasionally be assigned across multiple Cleveland Clinic locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Plumbing License through the Ohio Department of Commerce is preferred.
- Medical Gas Certification though National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation (NITC) is preferred.
- Certified Backflow Tester Certification though the Ohio Department of Commerce is preferred.
- Four years of experience as a plumber, including experience with pressurized gas systems, vacuum systems, steam, hot water and fire protection system.