Main Areas of Responsibility:
DLZ currently has an opening for a Civil Engineer - in our Roadway Department in Cleveland, OH.
- Perform Roadway Engineering and design assignments of a varied nature.
- Assigned segments of design projects where Roadway Engineering work is to be done; meet cost and time schedules and production of quality results are primary objectives.
- Conduct and assist with roadway design including geometrics, typical and cross sections, drainage, and maintenance of traffic elements.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with project management activities.
- Oversee entry-level engineer design activities.
- Conduct various Traffic Design elements.
- Participate/prepare construction cost estimates, proposals, and bid evaluations.
- Prepare client progress reports.
- Follow established Quality Control procedures on all tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 4 to 10 years’ experience in Traffic Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in Ohio required or ability to obtain with 6 months.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience
- ODOT prequalifications preferred
- Roadway Lighting design experience is a plus.
- Experience with Civil 3D, Geopak and/or Open Roads, Storm CDSS