Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Serves as the initial point of contact for a wide range of inbound technology service requests; processes requests as they arrive via email, phone, instant message or walk-up and follows service desk procedures for the assignment and tracking of all requests.
- Validates customer request, completing contact and technical information as needed from submitted service tickets; contacts customers to obtain missing data.
- Categorizes the service need and assigns the request to the appropriate IS/IT team member; identifies and expedites high priority requests.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitors the service queue on a daily basis to ensure all incoming tickets have been assigned and are being resolved; generates a daily report on the status of service desk activity.
- Ensures services are performed within the standards established by the Oswald Operational Level Agreement (OLA), which defines the appropriate response time for a related service issue.
- Remains aware of the available department staff to assign daily service tickets; advises the Team Leader when there appears to be a shortage in support staff.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology from a four-year college or university and one to three years or more related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some general industry knowledge is preferred but not required.