Main Areas of Responsibility:
This is a training position pursuant to achieving qualifications to bid on the Plant Utility Maintenance Person (PUMP) position. Under general supervision, perform semi-skilled work in maintaining and repairing District equipment, machinery, facilities and grounds; work with others in the installation, modification, maintenance and repair of District equipment and structures and perform related work as required. Click here for more information.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in and perform work in the mechanical and electrical areas such as installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying plant equipment; plumbing, pipefitting, grinding, cutting with torch, welding, equipment repair, conduit installation, minor fabrication and painting of equipment and process piping.
- Operate District vehicles and equipment required for the transportation of lubricants and equipment.
- Candidate must posses a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.), trade or technical school graduate.
- Two (2) years of industrial (mechanical, electrical, and welding) maintenance experience in conjunction with a certificate of completion from an Industrial Machinery Mechanic or Millwright (Mechanical) registered apprenticeship program approved by the Department of Labor -- or -- related military experience and training. OR
- Ten (10) years of industrial (mechanical, electrical, and welding) maintenance experience.