Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled duties requiring limited independent judgment.
- Proficient in the operation and maintenance of all minor equipment relative to janitorial and park maintenance fields, i.e., janitorial and lawn care equipment.
- Minor building and facility maintenance including, but not limited to, painting, wallpapering and minor repairs.
- Road and path paving, drainage tile, storm sewer repair and other construction projects.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
Provides construction labor for General Maintenance and Horticulture Departments for renovation and other construction projects as directed.
Keeps Manager ‑ Zoo Grounds and Services informed of key issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with at least 3 years experience in park maintenance field or equivalent.
- Valid Ohio commercial driver's license (CDL) preferred.
- Forklift Operators license.
- Successfully pass physical capacity test (paid for by Cleveland Metroparks) to perform outdoor labor and normal duties (i.e. continuous lifting of up to 80 lbs.)
- Possess or obtain pesticide license desirable.
- Basic computer skills.