Construction Basics - November 17, 2017
950 KEYNOTE CIR
|CEA Member||$ 60.00|
Target audience – professionals with little or no construction exposure or experience that wish to learn about the industry and what role they may be able to fulfill within the industry.
This is the first course in the Construction Management series, and is a pre-requisite of Introduction to Construction Management, unless waived.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to understand:
- Basic definitions in the industry
- The history of the construction and construction management profession
- The five pillars of construction
- Job descriptions and roles of construction professionals
- Other roles in the industry
- If they have a personal interest in the industry
- Types of contracts and project delivery methods
Instructor: Anthony Mirando
Construction Management Instructor at Kent State University
College of Applied Engineering & Technology