The Construction Employers Association (CEA) is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide and entrust to us when using CEA’s website.
This online privacy statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describes how we treat all user data collected by the CEA during your visit to the CEA Site, both technical data that is automatically collected and voluntarily submitted data.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, the “CEA Site” is the website whose home page is www.ceacisp.org and includes all web pages whose domain name contains www.ceacisp.org where a link to this privacy statement exists.
Additionally, this is not the privacy statement for any blogs, forums or social networking sites where CEA has a presence that are on websites other than the CEA Site.
CEA may occasionally update this Statement. We will post any changes on this web page, so be sure to check back periodically. Any information that you submit after a change has been posted will be subject to the new provisions.
USER DATA WE COLLECT
We collect two types of user data: (1) technical data that is automatically collected from all visitors to the CEA Site (“Automatically Collected Data”); and (2) data that you voluntarily submit to us (described below under “Voluntarily Submitted Data”).
Automatically Collected Data. We automatically collect Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses and domain names of the originating visitor’s computer on our server and may know some information you have previously provided through cookies. (See the section on “Cookies” below for more information.) We also track the number and frequency of hits per page as well as length of website visit, using IP addresses and/or session cookies, but we do not associate any individual IP address or session information with any other personally identifying information except to detect security intrusions or certain unlawful activity. We use this information to perform website traffic analysis so we can better improve the CEA Site experience.
In addition, if you come to the CEA Site from a website link, we may also identify the source of that link so that we can evaluate what content is persuading web users to become involved in CEA’s work.
Voluntarily Submitted Data. We may collect Voluntarily Submitted Data, including personal data, that you voluntarily provide, such as your name and postal address, company, phone number, e-mail address, and similar information, and transactional information, such as giving and action-taking history, when you participate in certain activities on the CEA Site, including (but not limited to) when you:
• Join or renew your membership to the CEA;
• Make an additional contribution to support the CEA PAC;
• Sign up for our CEA e-mail network;
• Register for a CEA event;
• Send correspondence, place a call, or inform us about a call to your government representative, or send correspondence to a friend (e.g., when you tell-a-friend or send an e-card) or to other targeted representatives through the CEA;
• Participate in one of our online surveys;
• Post a comment;
• Submit an inquiry to CEA
• Submit feedback to CEA; or
• Participate in any other activity that requires your Voluntarily Submitted Data.
When you send correspondence to a friend, your friend’s email address is only captured by us temporarily in order to complete your send request.
We may transfer a Long-term Cookie only in circumstances in which you are notified prior to the cookie being stored, for example, when you select a “remember” option on the CEA Site. If you select one of these options, a Long-term Cookie will be stored on your computer’s hard drive solely for the purpose of automatically filling in the information you have asked to be remembered, for example, automatically filling in your password when you log in to the CEA Site or your postal address when you register for an event. These “remember” options are offered only for your convenience and are completely voluntary. If you do not select a “remember” option, we will not transfer a Long-Term Cookie to your computer’s hard drive.
We may use Session Cookies whenever you visit the CEA Site for our website traffic analytics application and the Site’s interactive applications. Session Cookies last only as long as your session on the CEA Site. They expire when the session ends and are not written onto your computer’s hard drive. We also use Session Cookies in e-mails containing the HTML-format. If you select “text-only” format preference, emails sent to you will not contain any Session Cookies.
We also may use Short-term Cookies to facilitate some of our website analysis and functionality, such as maps and videos.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT
In addition to the uses described above, we use Automatically Collected Data to identify the source of user traffic (for example, umich.edu, or aol.com), but we do not tie this information to individual users in our database. We use data that indicates which sections of the CEA Site are most visited so that we can evaluate the popularity of our different web pages and continue to improve the CEA Site. We do not link any Automatically Collected Data with the Voluntarily Submitted Data you provide to us except to detect security intrusions or certain unlawful activity.
We use your Voluntarily Submitted Data for various purposes:
• To fulfill the request for which you specifically provided the data, including sharing the data with its intended recipient (e.g., delivering an inquiry you send to a CEA staff member or an event you registered for);
• To analyze actions taken through our website;
• To periodically communicate with you concerning CEA matters, such as delivering to you information and updates on our activities and action alerts, if you have not opted out of receiving such information and updates;
• To indicate you as the author of any comment you post, including on any CEA Site blog or forum, when you opt to identify yourself as the author or when posting such comment requires such identification, and to display any personally identifying or other information you voluntarily include in such comments;
• To personalize the content that you see based on the activities and products that you have selected on the CEA Site;
• To allow you to set and change user preferences;
• To allow you to renew your membership;
• To offer you other ways to support the CEA, including solicitations for additional contributions if you have not opted out of receiving such communications;
• To confirm your contribution to the CEA PAC;
• To confirm your registration in a CEA event or class;
• To confirm a purchase;
• To respond to an inquiry or feedback you have made to CEA; and
• To follow up with you with an email specific to an activity you have participated in or intend to participate in.
If your Voluntarily Submitted Data includes a U.S. zip code or state and you are a member, donor or subscriber to CEA information, unless you choose otherwise (see Your Ability to Choose below), we may use that information:
To periodically communicate with you concerning information and updates on CEA’s activities, action alerts concerning local matters and invitations to local events, if you have not opted out of receiving that information;
• To confirm your registration to an event;
• To follow up with you with an email specific to an activity you have participated in or intend to participate in; and
• To offer you other ways to support CEA, if you have not opted out of receiving such communications.
Third Party Sharing. We share your Voluntarily Submitted Data with third-party service providers who fulfill your orders or transactions, contact you on our behalf, or facilitate some other aspect of CEA activities, services or products, including those third-party service providers who collect, process, store and transmit information we collect on this website and those third-party service providers we use to assist us in our communications efforts. These service providers have access to your Voluntarily Submitted Data solely for the purpose of providing these services to us on our behalf, and they are contractually prohibited from sharing your Voluntarily Submitted Data with third parties other than subcontractors assisting them in their providing these services to us who also are contractually prohibited from sharing our Voluntarily Submitted Data with any other third parties.
Finally, we may disclose and use Voluntarily Submitted Data regardless of where you reside in special circumstances when it is necessary to enforce our User Agreement or this Privacy Statement, or when we, under what we hope to be extraordinary and infrequent circumstances, in good faith, truly believe that the law requires us to disclose your Voluntarily Submitted Data to third parties.
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we will not share your Voluntarily Submitted Data with any third party unless we first notify you and offer you an appropriate choice to consent to such further use, for example, through an opt-out or opt-in request.
YOUR ABILITY TO CHOOSE
When you provide us with your Voluntarily Submitted Data on the CEA Site, you can let us know that you do not wish to receive our email communications by un-checking or not checking the subscription request box on the form you are completing, by un-checking or not checking the subscription request box on our User Preference Page, by unsubscribing from further email communications of a specific type following receipt of an email of that type, or by contacting us via postal mail sent toCEA 950 Keynote Circle, Suite 10Cleveland, Ohio 44131-1802
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
The Voluntarily Submitted Data we collect about you is stored on a secure, password-protected server and only authorized personnel have access to your information. We use industry-standard encryption technologies with respect to the receipt and transfer of Voluntarily Submitted Data you submit to us on the CEA Site and only authorized personnel have access to your information. Nevertheless, despite our best efforts, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
UPDATING YOUR DATA
To update your Voluntarily Submitted Data or to make corrections, you can do so by using our User Preference Page, or by sending us the update via postal mail sent to:CEA 950 Keynote Circle, Suite 10Cleveland, Ohio 44131-1802
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our data collection practices or to request that we delete your Voluntarily Submitted Data, you can email us or send us your questions or comments via postal mail at the address listed above.