Small Business Stabilization Grants
The County Executive announced a third round of funding of $4.3 million to be given out as grants of up to $10,000.
The new round will open up on Monday November 23rd at 10:00 am – The program will run through Thursday December 3rd at 5:00 pm.
To apply click here or call 216-452-9714 to apply.
One-time grants up to $10,000. Grants will not be available for any costs already covered by any federal, state, or local grant or loan program.
The grant amount will be decided by a Committee based on revenue and company size before the pandemic. Not all eligible applicants will receive a grant. Applicants who cannot receive grants will be referred to lenders offering low-interest loans for business-related expenses.
- Business must have less than 25 employees.
- Business must have an address and physical establishment in Cuyahoga County.
- 25% of business employees must be Cuyahoga County residents.
- Business must have opened before January 1, 2020.
- Business must have had less than $1 million in revenue in 2019.
- Business must have experienced 50% revenue loss since March 17, 2020, not counting any losses already covered by any federal, state, or local grant or loan program.
- The business name must be legally registered with the Ohio Secretary of State’s Office.
- The business itself, and the business owner, may not own real property in Cuyahoga County with delinquent real property taxes unless they are on a County approved payment plan.
- Businesses who are chosen as finalists will be contacted and must submit the following documents before being awarded:
- Copy of business bank statements generated within the last 30 days.
- Articles of organization from the Secretary of State website
- Scanned driver’s license or government issued ID (front and back)
- Signed W-9
- Bank Account Information
- Business must be operating and must have a plan to remain open
- Businesses who applied in the first or second round, but were not selected for a grant, are welcome to reapply for the second round by completing the new application.
- Businesses who received any federal, state, or local grant or loan funding, including County grant funding may not count costs already covered by this funding in their application
- Business owners can only apply for grant funding for one business, regardless of the number of individual businesses that they own.
The following preferences will be considered:
- Preference will be given to business owners with a personal residence in Cuyahoga County.
- The following business types will be given preference: service industry (restaurants/bars/personal care services/cosmetology), hospitality, neighborhood healthcare/grocers, general contracting, construction, and manufacturing.
- Businesses in low to moderate income neighborhoods and communities.
- Ineligible businesses include liquor stores, tobacco stores, cannabis dispensaries, adult entertainment, financial services and banks, e-commerce, and franchises which are not locally owned and operated.
* Not all eligible applicants will receive a grant or a loan