Work Now: Construction Initiative
The Construction Employers Association (CEA) in partnership with the Urban League of Greater Cleveland
“Work Now: Construction Initiative!”
About the Program
Are you interested in pursuing a career in construction? The Work Now: Construction Initiative program targets outreach to Cleveland’s minority and female populations. You'll receive a stipend for your participation, and get immediate hands-on experience. To participate you must commit to the four to six week soft-skill and construction industry training program.
The program generally runs Monday to Friday, generally 8am to 4pm, there are some 7:00 am start days at locations throughout Greater Cleveland and independent transportation is required to get to the various locations.
A stipend maybe provided to participants who meet attendance and programmatic requirements. There is placement assistance with employers upon completion of the program.
In order to be considered you must first complete the Work Now: Construction Initiative Application that will assist the review committee in determining the best candidates to move forward. All selected candidates will be contacted via email and telephone.
Selected candidates will preferably meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 28
- Have reliable transportation with valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Have a High School Diploma/GED
- Pass a construction industry drug test
- Pass a Math (TABE) assessment at 9th grade minimum level
- Pass a Reading (TABE) assessment at 8th grade minimum level
- Pass a Human Resource interview screening
- Be coachable, timely, ready to learn and work, and meet all required guidelines